For the Quantol campaign setting and 3e Dungeons and Dragons. Originally submitted by Meefman
Singular form is Z'Yologg. Z'Yologgs are blue-silver skinned people that are similar to humans. They vary as greatly as humans do. They are known for their special abilities and prowess in battle. Their maximum life span is 145 years.
Personality: They vary in personality as widely as humans do. They tend to be a little unpleasant to deal with on the surface.
Physical Description: They have blue-silver skin and three eyes, their eyes can be any color. Their hair is long and straight, though most men wear it shorter than the women do. Their hair can be any color but blue and tends to be blond, green, or red. Though they have a muscular, powerful build they tend to be slim. Their teeth, fingernails, and toenails are orange. Their ears are somewhat pointed. They stand between six and seven feet tall, on average male Z'Yologgs aren't taller than female Z'Yologgs. They aren't as beautiful as humans are and they favor simple clothes of drab colors.
Relations: Z'Yologgs get along best with dwarves and half-orcs, who respect their fighting ability. Elves and halflings find them distasteful. Gnomes and humans tend to be neutral in relation to them and vice versa.
Alignment: Their alignment varies, but they do have an inclination towards being neutral or good. Adventuring Z'Yologgs can be of any alignment.
Z'Yologg Lands: Z'Yologgs tend to make their homes in forests, plains, and hills because those are the lands they like best. Z'Yologgs tend to make their communities well fortified. They like to settle in wilderness lands so they have game to hunt and space to roam. They also like wilderness lands because it gives them the space to raise treebirds, that their knights use as mounts. Z'Yologgs that settle in humans lands tend to be guards, mercenaries, or wizard sages. Some Z'Yologg communities use magic to live underwater.
Religion: The chief god of the Z'Yologgs is Zenyth. Z'Yologgs also worship gods that relate to their profession and personal outlook on life. Gods of battle and magic are popular with them.
Language: Z'Yologgs speak their own language, which has its own unique alphabet. They also tend to learn common and dwarven to better interact with the world. Z'Yologg literature is known for providing information on the wilderness and the creatures that dwell there. Z'Yologg writers are also for writing "choose your own adventure"-style books. Z'Yologgs always refer to themselves in the third person when talking, always!
Names: Their names vary greatly and they often borrow whole names or parts of names from other races. Their family names tend to reflect on a deed done by an ancestral founder or on the family's chief profession.
Male Names: Varies greatly.
Female Names: Varies greatly.
Family Names: Beasthunter, birdtamer, candleton, caravannor, carter, chimera-bane, delveruin, foechaser, goldfinder, graingrower, mapper, smith, spellwright, wheeler.
Adventurers: Z'Yologgs can become adventurers for a great variety of reasons, most commonly it is to see more of the world and satisfy their love of battle. Z'Yologgs make good warriors and arcane spellcasters, the most common adventuring class for them is ranger.
Z'YOLOGG RACIAL TRAITS
- +2 Constitution, +2 Intelligence, -2 charisma. They are tough, hearty, very smart, less attractive than humans, and can be somewhat unpleasant to interact with.
- Medium: As Medium creatures, they have no special bonuses or penalties due to their size.
- Z'Yologg base land speed is 30 feet.
- Naturally Ambidextrous: At 4th level they can fight with a weapon in both hands at no penalty, for the purposes of meeting feat prerequisites they are treated as having the Two-Weapon Fighting feat.
- Damage Reduction: Damage reduction of 5/magic.
- Hasted: At 8th level they move extremely quickly and have heightened reflexes, they are treated as always having the effects of a Haste spell. This is an Extraordinary ability.
- Spell-like Abilities: Invisibility, consult the table below to determine frequency of use. Teleport as a swift action on their turn within line of sight only and no off-target arrival, consult the table below to determine frequency of use. The caster level for these spell-like abilities is equal to their character level.
- Automatic Languages: Common and Z'Yologg. Bonus languages: Any.
- Favored Class: Ranger.
- Level Adjustment: +3.
Lvl. Abilities 01 DR 5/magic, Teleport 1/day, Invisibility 1/day 02 03 Invisibility 2/day 04 Naturally Ambidextrous 05 Teleport 2/day 06 Invisibility 3/day 07 08 Hasted 09 10 Teleport 3/day 11 12 Teleport 1/hour 13 Teleport 1/ten minutes 14 15 Teleport 1/five minutes 16 Teleport 1/three minutes 17 18 Teleport 1/two minutes 19 Teleport 1/minute 20 Teleport 1/round